Pages

Q&A with Eric Carsia

Next under the cast spotlight is the dapper Eric Carsia, who sincerely embodies everybody’s favorite card-carrying AGVA member Don Kerr in A CHORUS LINE. Eric explains why he has relished the tour’s time in chilly ski country this past week and makes you feel a little better about yourself if you’re one of those people who secretly loves Kim Zolciak’s “Tardy for the Party.” We know you’re out there.

Name

Eric Carsia

Role

Don Kerr (Zach cover)

Describe your favorite song / scene / moment in A Chorus Line.

I personally love “the march” or the moment when the cast revisits their spots “on the line” right after Diana and the rest of the cast finishes “What I Did for Love.” I had the liberty of watching the show one night and found that moment to be very powerful. It’s probably the most universal moment where actor/audience empathy unite. The audience is living the final moments of the audition with the cast. It’s quite haunting actually.

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you on tour?

In Billings, Montana there is a cliff overlook of the city called the “Rims.” Myself, Seth Danner and his mutual friends decided to visit the scenic overlook... in the snow. Needless to say the car got stuck just off the highway. We had to push the car three times to get out of the snow. Sounds pathetic, but at the time it was HILARIOUS.

What past tour stop has been your favorite thus far and why?

I really enjoyed Beaver Creek, CO. The ski resort where the theater was located in Vail was just gorgeous, and the landscape was phenomenal. Sure the elevation made it hard to perform, but the audience was one of the best we’ve had on tour.

What upcoming city are you most excited to visit and why?

I can’t wait for Santa Barbara!! I have always wanted to go and my parents said it is one of the most beautiful places in North America... and there is a beach.

Eric Carsia as Don in A CHORUS LINE.
Photo by Phil Martin.
Name one item you can’t live without on the road.

This is going to sound so sad, but I CANNOT function without my IPHONE. It is literally my only connection to the world as I chose not to bring my computer on tour.

What is the first Broadway show you ever saw?

The Lion King.

What is your favorite Broadway show and why?

I love West Side Story. Cliché but that show is timeless.

What are the top five most listened songs on your IPOD?
“Supermassive Black Hole” - Muse
“Hysteria” - Muse
“Bad Romance” - Lady Gaga
“Little Red Corvette” - Prince
“Through the Trees” - Low Shoulder

Do you have any pop-culture guilty pleasures?

BRAVO’s “Real Housewives...” series. I am addicted to Atlanta and Beverly Hills is kicking a**. I can’t wait for New York though! I have an autographed Jill Zaren headshot... it’s ok to be jealous.

If you had to pick just one, would you describe yourself as “peripatetic,” “poetic,” or “chic?”

Well since I am traveling so much I guess I will have to say “peripatetic.” By the way thanks for asking the question because it forced me to look up and finally understand what I was singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment